Remove three caramels for decorating later and in small saucepan combine the remaining caramels with a 1/3 cup whipping cream in small saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth, simmer a minute or two to thicken. Set aside to cool.
You'll need 18 silicone liners or alternatively use cupcake/muffin tin lined with 18 paper cases.
- 3/4 cup crushed macadamia shortbread biscuits (cookies)
- 200g (7oz) bag of chewy caramel lollies
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 450g (1 pound) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
- macadamia nuts for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180c (350 degrees). Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Mix cookies and 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar in a bowl. Stir in butter. Press 1 tablespoon of mixture in bottom of each cup. Bake until set, about 7 minutes. Let cool in tins on wire racks.
- Reduce oven temperature to 140c (275 degrees). Beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, then vanilla. With mixer running, add eggs slowly, scraping down side of bowl. Add 1/2 cup sour cream and salt. Pour batter into muffin cups, filling almost to the tops.
- Bake until sides are set but centers are wobbly, about 20 minutes. Let cool in tins on wire racks. Wrap tins tightly with plastic, and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving spread tops of cheesecakes with caramel topping, top each with a half to one teaspoon of sour cream, chopped macadamia nuts and chopped caramel lolly.
Happy Baking :)
You might also like...